Friday, January 23, 2009

Asian Americans getting into politics (in Louisiana?)

As a follow up to my entry on the advantages of having diverse people within your ethnic group, I came across this article about Asian Americans getting into politics. I think this is a wonderful thing, the next step for us to be a major player in the country and the economy. There may even be an Asian American presidential candidate in the future, Bobby Jindal of Louisiana.

Sidenote: I find it really interesting that two of the Asian Americans mentioned in the article as examples of Asians making it to Congress and governorship are both from Louisiana... If I had to guess which state would have Asian American firsts, I think Louisiana would've been my 30th guess. I wonder, why Louisiana? I think it's great, just curious.